Save to your scrapbook
Heston’s eggs Benedict
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
FOR THE HOLLANDAISE
150g organic white wine vinegar
1 Waitrose Duchy Organic Shallot, peeled and finely sliced
6 white peppercorns, bashed
200g Waitrose Duchy Organic Butter, cubed
2 Waitrose Duchy Organic Large Free Range
¼ tsp Waitrose Duchy Organic Lemon Juice
Salt and freshly ground white pepper
FOR THE EGGS
1 tsp salt
4 Waitrose Duchy Organic Large Free Range Eggs
2 Waitrose Duchy Organic Wholemeal Muffins
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1. First make a reduction as a base for the hollandaise. Place the vinegar, shallot and peppercorns in a pan over a medium-low heat, and reduce by two-thirds, until approximately 50g of liquid remains. Allow to cool completely. Strain through a sieve and discard the shallot and peppercorns.
2. To make the beurre noisette, place the butter in a small pan and place over a medium heat. Allow the butter to simmer until brown in colour and nutty in aroma. Strain through a sieve lined with a coffee filter, then reserve.
3. Place the egg yolks in a bowl and add 10g of the cold vinegar reduction and 30g of water. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whisk the yolks until they begin to thicken, making sure they do not reach a temperature higher than 65°C. Slowly add the warm beurre noisette, whisking continuously. When fully incorporated, add the lemon juice and season with salt, if needed, and freshly ground white pepper.
4. To poach the eggs, fill a large saucepan with approximately 15-20cm of water then add the salt. Place a plate upside down in the bottom of the pan then place the pan over a medium heat and bring the water up to 80ºC. Check the temperature using a thermometer or probe. One at a time, crack each egg into a ramekin and pour it into a slotted spoon with small holes. Let any watery white drain for approximately 1 minute.
5. Lower the slotted spoon into the warm water and slide the spoon out. Allow to poach for 4 minutes. Toast and butter your muffins. Remove the eggs with the slotted spoon and pat with kitchen paper to remove any excess water. Season with salt. Serve on the toasted muffins with the hollandaise spooned over and sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Typical values per serving: