Save to your scrapbook
Italian steak sandwiches
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 x 250g dry aged sirloin steaks
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
½ x 15g pack fresh oregano, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 packs Waitrose 2 Half Ciabattas
½ x 90g pack Waitrose Wild Rocket
1 small red onion, finely sliced
100g Waitrose Sunkissed Tomatoes In Olive Oil
40g pecorino, shaved
½ x 145g tub Waitrose Green Pesto With Basil
1. Place the steaks in a shallow bowl with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, chopped oregano, garlic and cracked black pepper.
2. Leave to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes, or for longer covered and chilled in the fridge.
3. Preheat a griddle pan, and preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Griddle the steaks for about 3 minutes on each side, remove from the pan and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
4. Place the 4 ciabatta rolls in the oven to toast for 5 minutes. Slice the steak and toss with the rocket, red onion, sunkissed tomatoes and pecorino.
5. Split the warm bread and spread with the pesto. Pile the steak and salad onto the toasted ciabattas, and serve.
Typical values per serving: