Save to your scrapbook
Izy Hossack's Blueberry Cheesecake Muffins
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
While all Waitrose recipes are tested extensively, we do not test any community or third party recipes, so cannot verify the results or answer queries concerning them.
Makes: 12 muffins
100g essential Waitrose creamy soft cheese
2 tbsp granulated sugar
1 essential Waitrose egg yolk
Zest of 1 essential Waitrose lemon (you’ll need the juice later too)
100g essential Waitrose unsalted dairy butter
150g granulated sugar
125ml essential Waitrose milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
2 large essential Waitrose eggs
240g essential Waitrose plain white flour
2 tsp baking powder
200g essential Waitrose frozen blueberries (not defrosted)
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolk and lemon zest until smooth. Transfer to a sandwich bag and set aside.
3. In a large pot, melt the butter over a low heat. Once melted, remove from the heat and stir in the sugar. Mix in the milk, vanilla, lemon juice and salt. Then mix in the eggs. Add the flour and baking powder and stir until just combined. Fold in the frozen blueberries – don’t overmix or the blueberries will start to break down in the batter.
4. Divide the batter between 12 muffin cups. Take the sandwich bag that contains the cream cheese filling and snip off one of the corners. Use this like a piping bag - insert the cut tip into the batter and pipe in some of the cream cheese filling. Repeat with the rest of the muffin cups.
5. Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes until well-risen and golden on top. Leave to cool slightly on a wire rack before eating.
Find more of Izy Hossack's recipes here: www.topwithcinnamon.com