Save to your scrapbook
Izy Hossack's Sweet Potato Nachos with Coriander Crema
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
While all Waitrose recipes are tested extensively, we do not test any community or third party recipes, so cannot verify the results or answer queries concerning them.
2 essential Waitrose sweet potatoes
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp oil
1 essential Waitrose red onion
1 essential Waitrose bell pepper, seeds and stem removed
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
a 400g can of essential Waitrose borlotti beans (or kidney beans)
150ml soured cream
30g coriander, plus extra for sprinkling
1 essential Waitrose lime, juiced
100g essential Waitrose cheddar cheese, grated
200g bag of essential Waitrose salted tortilla chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180oC.
2. Rinse the sweet potatoes then cut them into roughly 2cm cubes. Place onto a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil. Sprinkle on the smoked paprika and a pinch of salt. Toss together on the tray to coat then place into the oven to roast for 30 minutes, flipping the cubes after 20 minutes of roasting. Leave the oven on for step 6.
3. Meanwhile dice the onions and bell pepper to roughly 1cm pieces. Heat the remaining olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot add the onion and bell pepper and turn the heat down to medium. Cook for 5-10 minutes until the onions have turned translucent. Add the ground cumin, ground cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Drain the borlotti beans but reserve 2 tbsp of the liquid from the can. Add the beans and the reserved liquid to the frying pan and stir through. Leave to cook for 10 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent it from burning. Season to taste with salt then take off the heat.
4. To make the coriander crema: in a medium bowl or jug combine the soured cream, coriander, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Blitz together with a hand blender until smooth (or just blend everything up in a blender/food processor).
5. Tip the tortilla chips out onto a baking tray – I use the baking tray that I roasted the sweet potatoes on – and top with the borlotti bean mixture, then the sweet potatoes, then the cheese.
6. Place back into the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Drizzle on the coriander crema and top with a few fresh coriander leaves. If you want it spicy, drizzle on some of your favourite hot sauce then serve immediately.
Find more of Izy Hossack's recipes here: www.topwithcinnamon.com