Save to your scrapbook
Japanese seasoned salmon salad
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
This easy recipe turns simple salmon fillets into a delicious Japanese-inspired main course. It also works well served in smaller portions as a starter.
300g pack 2 salmon fillets
2 tbsp Japanese soya sauce
½ tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Togarashi Seasoning
2 tbsp Waitrose Acacia Honey
Grated zest and juice of 2 limes
100g Clearspring Buckwheat Soba Noodles
Grated zest and juice of 1 small orange
1 tbsp light soy sauce
½ tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
2cm piece ginger, grated
4 salad onions, sliced
¼ cucumber, shredded
1 tbsp sesasme seeds, toasted
1 sheet nori, toasted and shredded
1. Heat the grill to hot. Place the salmon fillets on a grill pan lined with foil. Pour over the soya sauce, sprinkle with togarashi and drizzle with honey.
2. Place under the grill to cook for 10 minutes or until dark and sticky and the salmon flakes easily. Remove from the grill, squeeze over the juice of 1 lime and set aside. Flake when cool enough to handle.
3. Meanwhile cook the noodles according to pack instructions, drain and refresh in a colander under cold water.
4. Place the orange juice and zest, remaining lime juice and zest, light soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger in a bowl and whisk until combined.
5. Dress the noodles with the orange dressing, add the salad onions and cucumber. Divide among 2 shallow bowls, top with the salmon and scatter with sesame seeds and the toasted nori.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Mon Jul 15 14:15:00 BST 2013.