Save to your scrapbook
Martha Collison's chewy gluten-free peanut butter cookies
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Makes: 16 large cookies
250g crunchy peanut butter
200g smooth peanut butter
125g soft light brown sugar
225g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
75g gluten-free flour
1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4, and line 2 baking trays with baking parchment.
2. Beat together both peanut butters and the 2 sugars with the vanilla extract until well combined. Add the eggs and mix until completely incorporated.
3. Combine the flour and baking powder in a small bowl, then stir this into the wet mixture. Keep mixing until a thick dough forms.
4. Use an ice-cream scoop or dessert spoon to form 16 small balls and place them on the baking trays. Gently flatten each ball with the back of your hand to help them spread in the oven.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes until lightly golden around the edges and still soft in the middle. Allow the cookies to firm up slightly before eating
These are best eaten warm with ice cream and will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in May 2016.