Save to your scrapbook
Martha's peanut butter banana bread
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
150g soft light brown sugar
2 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Eggs
100g smooth peanut butter
50g salted peanuts, chopped
100g plain wholemeal flour
150g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
4 large ripe bananas
2 tbsp maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C, gas mark 3. Grease and line a 1kg deep loaf tin with butter and baking parchment and set to one side.
2. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in the eggs. Stir in the peanut butter until the mixture is well combined.
3. Stir together the chopped peanuts, flours and baking powder and add to the wet mixture. Mash 3 of the bananas and fold into the mixture and then spoon into the prepared loaf tin. Make sure you smooth the top over with a spoon so it rises evenly.
4. Thinly slice the remaining banana and arrange over the top in a curve shape, then bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Halfway through the baking time, brush the top of the cake liberally with maple syrup.
5. Allow the cake to cool completely in the tin, and then slice and serve.
6. This cake should keep for around 1-2 days, if wrapped and stored in a dark, cool place.
Typical values per serving:
per serving for 10
This recipe was first published in Tue Feb 02 09:30:48 GMT 2016.