Save to your scrapbook
Martha's salmon en papillote with red pesto, pancetta & Padrón peppers
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
• 2 heaped tsp red pesto
• 1 tsp olive oil
• ½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
• 8 whole Padrón peppers (or 2 bell peppers, deseeded)
• 6 strips pancetta
1. To make the marinade, stir together the red pesto, olive oil and paprika in a medium-sized bowl. Add the salmon, cover and leave to marinate for at least one hour or, better still, overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Cut two large rectangles of baking parchment and lay each out on the work surface. Wrap each marinated salmon fillet with three pieces of pancetta, then place on the baking parchment and arrange 4 Padrón peppers on top of each fillet. Top with a crack of black pepper before sealing and cooking.
3. Fold the empty half of the parchment paper over the salmon and crimp the edges closed, as if making a square pasty. Repeat with the second piece of salmon, then put the parcels onto a baking tray.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes. The salmon should be tender and cooked through. Serve in the parcel, so none of the juices are lost, or transfer to plates and drizzle over the juices.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Tue May 08 15:18:00 BST 2018.