Save to your scrapbook
Melting mushroom burgers with beetroot slaw
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp Waitrose Chilli Infused Olive Oil
1 tsp dried oregano
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
4 Waitrose Large Flat Mushrooms
2 carrots, shredded or grated
2 raw beetroots, shredded or grated
4 salad onions, finely sliced
20g pack fresh dill, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp Dijon mustard, plus extra to serve
1 pickled gherkin, finely chopped
120g Taleggio cheese
4 brioche burger buns
1. Place the vinegar, chilli oil, oregano and garlic in a large food bag with the mushrooms. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal then turn the mushrooms to coat. Leave to marinate for 15-30 minutes, turning occasionally.
2. Meanwhile, place the carrots and beetroots in a large serving bowl with the salad onions and dill. Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard and gherkin and pour over the root veg mix. Toss together then set aside.
3. Cook the mushrooms on a hot griddle or barbecue for 5-8 minutes on each side, brushing with any leftover marinade, until they are tender and lightly charred.
4. Slice the Taleggio into 4, place a slice on top of each mushroom (stalk side) and cook for a few more minutes until the cheese starts to melt.
5. Halve the buns, place the mushrooms inside, topped with the slaw. Serve extra slaw and mustard on the side.
Keep the soft Taleggio cheese in the fridge until you’re ready to cook so it’s easier to slice.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in July 2017.