Save to your scrapbook
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
These simple pizzas are far less calorific than their takeaway equivalents and they taste so good when served hot, straight from your own oven.
500g Waitrose LOVE Life wholemeal bread mix
400g essential Waitrose spinach
½ x 680g jar Waitrose passata with onion & garlic
125g essential Waitrose Italian light mozzarella, drained and very thinly sliced
Olive oil spray
250g bag mixed salad, to serve
1. Heat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7. Keeping a little aside for kneading, tip the bread mix into a large bowl and add 320ml water at room temperature. Bring together to make a soft dough. Knead for 5 minutes, then divide equally into four balls.
2. Lightly dust the surface with the reserved bread mix and roll the balls out into four 18-20cm rounds. Transfer to two large non-stick baking trays, cover with a clean tea towel and leave to rise in a warm place for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, wash the spinach well and cook in a large pan or microwave for a minute or so, until wilted. Squeeze out the excess water.
4. Spread the passata over the pizza bases and arrange the spinach on top, leaving a space in the centre of each for the egg. Scatter the mozzarella over the spinach, then crack an egg into the centre of each pizza.
5. Lightly spritz the pizzas with olive oil spray, then bake for 15-20 minutes, until the edges are browned and the eggs are set. Serve straightaway with the salad.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in December 2014.