Save to your scrapbook
Martha's peanut butter crispy bars
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
'Peanut butter crispy bars You’ll be hooked on these peanut butter bars. Very simple to make, they will go down a storm with friends and family.'
100g rice pops
50g salted peanuts, roughly chopped
300g dark chocolate
150g smooth peanut butter
100g golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Grease a 32cm x 22cm rectangular baking tin with butter and line with baking parchment, allowing the edges to overhang.
2. Stir together the rice pops and peanuts in a large bowl until well mixed.
3. Place the chocolate into a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water. When the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter, golden syrup and vanilla extract until smooth.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture and combine until everything is really well coated. Press into the lined tin using the back of a wooden spoon, making sure the mixture is pressed right into the edges.
5. Allow to chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or preferably overnight. When set, slice into 16 bars.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in October 2016.