Save to your scrapbook
Pecan mocha brownies with Starbucks VIA™
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
100g butter, diced
200g bar Waitrose Continental Plain Chocolate, broken into pieces
250g golden caster sugar
4 sachets Starbucks VIA Colombia
30g cocoa powder
100g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g LOVE Life Pecans, roughly chopped
• Made with Starbucks VIA • Delicious mid-morning or afternoon treat
1. Heat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Line a 20cm square tin with baking parchment.
2. Place the butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl and melt together in a bowl set over a pan of simmer water or in a microwave. Leave to cool a little.
3. Using an electric whisk, beat together the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the cooled chocolate mixture.
4. Mix the coffee, cocoa, flour and baking powder together then pour into the chocolate mixture and gently stir together. Finally, mix in the pecans then pour into the tin and bake for 25 - 30 minutes until just set but still a little squidgy in the centre. Leave to cool completely in the tin then lift out and cut into squares. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for pudding or with a cup of Starbucks VIA coffee for a mid-morning or afternoon treat.
Pecans are a traditional choice for a brownie but you can also use walnuts, salted macadamias, raisins or chunks of white chocolate.
The obvious choice with this is a cup of Starbucks VIA Colombia, which has a nutty flavour with medium body and complements the pecans in the brownies. For information, go to starbucks.co.uk.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe calls for a steaming hot, refreshing lift.Click here to browse our tea and coffee assortment. (opens in a new window).
This recipe was first published in April 2012.