Save to your scrapbook
Potato salad with chorizo & duck egg
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
400g new potatoes
200g pack Unearthed Smoked Cooking Chorizo Sausages
1 tsp vegetable oil
3 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
2 duck eggs
65g soured cream
2 salad onions, finely sliced
Pinch of Cooks’ Ingredients Herby Zaatar
1. Boil the potatoes until they are tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and leave until cool enough to handle.
2. While the potatoes are cooking gently, run a knife along the length of the chorizo sausages. Turn the sausages ‘inside out’ and discard the skin so that all you are left with is the sausage meat.
3. Heat the oil over a low-medium heat and add the sausage meat. Gently fry the meat, breaking it into small pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks. When the meat is broken up, cook for 2-3 minutes on a high heat until the sausage is cooked through with no pink meat.
4. Sprinkle in the dried breadcrumbs and continue to stir with the chorizo. Remove from the heat, and stir through the chopped parsley.
5. Bring a pan of water just to the boil. As the first bubbles appear, crack in your duck eggs and leave to poach over a very low heat for 4 minutes (for a runny yolk).
6. While the eggs are poaching, take each potato and gently crush it in your fingers to just break it open. Place the potatoes in a bowl, then add the soured cream and the chopped spring onions. Mix well to combine and season.
7. Divide the potato salad between two plates, top with the chorizo and breadcrumb mix. Lay the poached eggs on top and finish with a sprinkling of the herby zaatar.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in May 2016.