Save to your scrapbook
Rachel Allen's Christmas pudding muffins with sherry butter icing
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
For the muffins:
30g salted butter
2 tbsp sherry, whisky or brandy
125g leftover Christmas pudding
125g plain flour
1tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp mixed spice
75g caster sugar
For the icing:
125g sifted icing sugar
50g salted butter, softened
1-2 tbsp sweet sherry, whisky or brandy
1. Preheat the oven to 350F or gas mark 4. Line the muffin tins with paper cases.
2. Whisk the egg in a bowl. Add the milk, melted butter, sherry and the Christmas pudding.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and mixed spice into another bowl. Add the caster sugar and mix well. Make a well in the centre.
4. Add the wet ingredients and mix together until a soft batter forms. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool on a wire rack.
5. While they are cooking, make the sherry butter icing. Mix together the icing sugar and the butter. Add enough sherry, about 1 tbsp, to just soften the mixture and make it spreadable.
6. Once the muffins are cool, spread the icing over the top and serve.
This recipe was first published in Wed Oct 23 16:34:00 BST 2013.