Save to your scrapbook
Shelina Permalloo’s Fragrant salmon fusilli with garlic & coriander
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
400g essential Waitrose fusilli
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
350g salmon fillet
3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp coriander seeds, crushed
1 large red chilli, finely chopped
150ml white wine
100ml Cooks’ Ingredients Fish Stock
28g pack coriander, chopped
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
4-5 salad onions, finely chopped
1. Cook fusilli according to the pack instructions, drain (reserving a couple of tablespoons of the pasta water) and return to the pan.
2. Meanwhile heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the salmon to the pan, cook skin side down for 3 minutes, then flip and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside on a plate.
3. Add the garlic, coriander seeds and chilli to the pan and allow to soften.
4. Add the white wine and reduce, then add the fish stock and reduce to a thin sauce (this will take about 3-4 minutes).
5. Add the sauce to the pasta pan along with a little of the pasta water.
6. Carefully break in pieces of the salmon and add the chopped coriander, lemon zest. Garnish with salad onion.