Save to your scrapbook
Spinach & feta filo fingers
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
300g spinach, washed
100g feta, crumbled
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano
125g filo pastry sheets (each about 40x30cm)
50g butter, melted
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4, and line a baking tray with non-stick baking parchment. Place the spinach in a large saucepan, cover and cook until just wilted. Drain in a colander, allow to cool then squeeze out all the excess water.
2. Chop the spinach very finely then mix with the crumbled feta and oregano. Season with plenty of ground black pepper (check for salt but you may not need it as the feta is quite salty).
3. Lay the sheets of filo on a large board and cut in half lengthways to give sheets approximately 20x30cm. Cut these into 4 rectangles, each about 10x15cm.
4. Brush a rectangle with melted butter and place a tsp of the spinach mixture at the end nearest to you, spreading it along the width of the pastry. Roll it up quite tightly to give a neat parcel. Place on the lined baking tray and repeat with the remaining pastry and filling until you have used it all up.
5. Brush the tops of the filo fingers with a little melted butter and sprinkle the sesame seeds over. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 15 minutes, until golden and crisp.
Typical values per serving:
Per serving (5 per person)