Save to your scrapbook
Squash, mushroom & ham pithivier
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
1 butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, halved and sliced
30g tub Cooks’ Ingredients Dried Porcini Mushrooms
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
500g block puff pastry
120g pack ham, roughly torn
1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Cook the squash in boiling water for 5 minutes until just tender. Drain and cool. Meanwhile, soak the mushrooms in boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain and chop.
2. Mix the mascarpone, mustard and mushrooms together and season well.
3. Roll out ⅓ of the pastry to a rough 26cm square, spread ⅓ of the mascarpone mixture over it, leaving a 2cm border and place on a baking tray. Layer up with the squash, ham and spoonfuls of the remaining mascarpone, seasoning as you go.
4. Roll out the remaining pastry to a 28cm square and place on top of the filling. Wet the edges of the base pastry and fold over to seal.
5. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and bake for 35 minutes until golden.
To freeze ahead, cook to the end of Step 4 and allow to cool completely, do not brush with the egg. Cover with clingfilm and freeze. To reheat, defrost thoroughly, brush the pastry with beaten egg and cook in a preheated oven at 200°C, gas mark 6 for 35 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Typical values per serving:
|Saturated Fat||26.2g saturated fat|