Save to your scrapbook
Sticky lamb cutlets with buttery asparagus tips
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
250g baby new potatoes
2 - 3 tbsp Paiarrop Quince Paste
6 x lamb cutlets
Large knob of butter
Leaves of 2 rosemary sprigs, finely chopped
2 x 100g packs asparagus tips
1. Cook the new potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 15 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, gently melt the quince paste in a microwave or small pan until smooth. Preheat the grill. Spread the quince all over the cutlets then arrange on a grill pan. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until nicely browned but still a little pink in the centre.
3. Meanwhile, in a small pan, heat the butter and rosemary together until foaming.
4. Add the asparagus to the potato pan and cook for for the last 2 - 3 minutes of the cooking time until both ingredients are tender. Drain well, add the rosemary butter and shake to coat the vegetables.
5. Serve the cutlets with the buttery vegetables alongside.
Château Tour Chapoux 2010 Bordeaux Supérieur, France.
Typical values per serving:
Phillip Schofield's perfect match: The interesting mix of sharp and rich flavours in the pasta go brilliantly well with the velvety fruitiness of Terra Viva Organic Merlot IGT Delle Venezie. This wine is a real find.A warming juicy red would be ideal here: Valdivieso Winemaker Reserva Malbec 2010 Central Valley, Chile.
This recipe was first published in Wed Feb 08 11:41:41 GMT 2012.