Save to your scrapbook
Strawberry & passion fruit icebox pie
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Serves: 4 - 6
200g pack shortcake biscuits
75g unsalted butter, melted
½ tsp vanilla powder
8 passion fruit, sieved and pips discarded
Juice of 1 lemon
4 medium British Blacktail Free Range Egg, yolks only
397g can condensed milk
300ml double cream
1 passion fruit, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 23cm tart tin.
2. Blitz the biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb, add the melted butter and vanilla, and pulse again to combine.
3. Transfer to the prepared tin and press into the sides and base with the back of spoon until evenly distributed. Place in the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
4. Strain the passion fruit juice into a large bowl (about 100ml), add the lemon juice, egg yolks and condensed milk, and whisk to combine before pouring into the biscuit base. Level with the back of a spoon and slide into the oven to bake for 15 minutes until just set but with a slight wobble.
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool before popping in the fridge to chill for at least 3 hours.
6. Slice the strawberries and place on top of the set pie. Softly whip the cream, then pile on top of the strawberries, drizzle with a little extra passion fruit and serve.
Typical values per serving:
To serve 6