Save to your scrapbook
Thai prawn cakes with sesame lime noodles
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
2 Waitrose Frozen Thai 2 Prawn Fish Cakes
1 block Mama Instant Rice Vermicelli Noodles
1 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp groundnut oil or rapeseed oil
2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients frozen Spicy Thai Mix
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil, plus extra to drizzle
2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Nam Pla (fish sauce)
Zest and juice 1 small lime
160g sachet Waitrose Frozen Garden Vegetable Steamers
2 tbsp coriander, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
2. Place the fishcakes on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, put the noodles in a serving bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 3 minutes. Toast the sesame seeds in a small non-stick frying pan for a few minutes until lightly golden.
3. Rinse the noodles in cold water, drain and return to the bowl. Snip them into shorter lengths. Tip the sesame seeds onto the noodles.
4. Heat the oil in the frying pan and cook the Spicy Thai Mix for 1-2 minutes, stirring. Add the herb mix to the noodles with the sesame oil, the nam pla, and the lime zest and juice; toss together.
5. Cook the vegetables in the microwave according to pack instructions. Add to the noodles (snip any whole beans in half) with the coriander, toss together. Serve with the prawn cakes, finishing the noodles with a drizzle of sesame oil.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Thu Jun 29 09:12:00 BST 2017.