Save to your scrapbook
Ultimate Mulled Wine
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
Nothing lifts wintry spirits and fills you with festive cheer quite like a warming glass of spicy mulled wine. Try this simple recipe by drinks expert and TV wine critic Charles Metcalfe.
For this recipe you will need 100ml of spice tea per bottle (75cl) of red wine or beer.
• 568ml (1 pint) cold water
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 5 cloves
• ¼ level tsp each ground ginger, grated nutmeg and mace
• pared rind from ¼ orange and ¼ lemon
1. Put all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring to the boil and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes (it will reduce to about 450ml). Strain and reserve liquid.
2. Warm 75cl wine, add 100ml of the spice tea and 1 heaped tbsp sugar. Stir well to dissolve the sugar.