Save to your scrapbook
Watercress & clementine salad with caramelised pecans
This will be saved to your scrapbook
You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks
This goes really well with roasted goose or baked ham
1 of your 5 a day
Rich in vitamin C
• 75g Love Life Pecans
• 1 tbsp golden icing sugar
• 1 tsp Waitrose Signature Spice (ground)
• 2 x 100g bags watercress, stalks removed
• 140g pack red chicory, leaves separated
• 5 clementines, peeled and sliced
• 2 avocados, peeled, stoned and sliced
For the dressing
• 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• Few drops smokey chipotle sauce
• 3 tbsp mild olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Toss the nuts with the icing sugar, spice, a pinch of sea salt and 1 tsp water. Tip onto the baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, for the dressing, whisk together the maple syrup, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, chipotle sauce and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
3. Toss the watercress with the chicory in a large serving bowl and dress with half the salad dressing. Arrange the clementine and avocado slices on top then scatter over the toasted pecans. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Prepare the toasted nuts and make the dressing in advance then assemble the salad just before serving.
Typical values per serving:
This recipe was first published in Fri Oct 30 14:08:00 GMT 2015.