Michel Roux Jr’s Grilled chicken suprême with watercress coulis
Michel Roux Jr makes this delicious chicken dish - perfect for a dinner party on a summer’s evening.
2 skinless chicken supremes (or boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
2 x 100g bags or 2 bunches watercress
1 medium potato, peeled
Hot smoked paprika
30ml/2tbsp double cream
1tbsp tomato chutney (click to view recipe)
1. Season the chicken and rub with oil. Place on a griddle pan over a medium heat until thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat.
2. Trim the stalks from the watercress, slice the potato paper thin.
3. Heat a wide pan over a high heat with a little oil, sweat the potatoes and watercress, until wilted then add enough boiling water to cover.
4. Bring quickly to the boil, by now the potato should be cooked. Remove from the heat, season and blend the contents of the pan.
5. Pass through a sieve into a bowl over ice to keep the coulis vibrant green.
6. Serve warm in a bowl plate with the cooked chicken, a drizzle of cream, a dusting of paprika and the tomato chutney (click to view recipe).