This week's breakfast recipe
Ryder Cup Breakfasts: The US vs Europe
Team US breakfast: Blueberry pancakes (Waitrose recipe)
Total time: 40 minutes
200g plain flour
2 heaped tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
75g caster sugar
2 medium eggs, beaten
1 x 284ml carton buttermilk
50g butter, melted
Sunflower oil for frying
1. Put a heavy, non-stick pan or flat griddle pan over a medium heat. Turn the oven on low. Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together and stir in the sugar. Beat the eggs, buttermilk and butter together, pour into the dry ingredients and mix. Stir in the blueberries.
2. Add a tiny drop of oil to the hot pan. Drop dessertspoons of the mix into the pan (you'll have to cook the pancakes in batches). Cook for about 3 minutes, until bubbles start to break on the surface and they're firm enough to flip. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes more, until they feel springy when prodded. Transfer to the warm oven while you cook the rest.
3. Serve hot with butter, jam or maple syrup.
Team Europe breakfast: One pan English breakfast
200g Essential Waitrose smoked bacon lardons
4 Waitrose free range pork chipolatas
100g button mushrooms, halved
4 large eggs
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
Sea salt and black pepper
Toast to serve
1. Heat the grill to high. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the bacon and fry gently for 5 minutes until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
2. Add the chipolatas to the pan and fry for 4-5 minutes until cooked through. Set aside.
3. Fry the mushrooms and tomatoes for 2-3 minutes then return the lardons and sausages to the pan. Make 4 spaces for the eggs and crack them into the pan. Fry for a minute then place under a hot grill for 1 minute until the eggs are just set.
4. Serve with toast.