Dhruv Baker's Harissa-spiced lamb burgers
Dhruv Baker shows you how to make easy and delicious lamb burgers for the barbecue.
Recipe - Serves: 4
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp vegetable oil
500g pack essential Waitrose British Lamb Mince
1 tbsp Belazu Rose Harissa
25g pack fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
For the raita:
½ cucumber, grated
200ml Greek yogurt
½ tsp caster sugar
1 tsp finely shredded mint leaves
Juice and zest of ½ a lemon
Pinch ground cumin
1. Fry the onion in the oil over a low to medium heat for 10–15 minutes, until softened but not coloured.
2. Mix well with the remaining ingredients.
3. Divide into 4 then form into burger shapes. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours.
4. Meanwhile, make the raita. Squeeze the grated cucumber and discard the excess water, then mix with the remaining ingredients.
5. Cook the burgers on the barbecue for 10–15 minutes, until cooked through. Serve with the raita in a wrap or bun.
Typical values per serving: