The perfect boiled egg
Dhruv Baker shows you how to get the perfect boiled egg - from runny yolk to hard-boiled - it's all about the timing.
Recipe - Makes: 2
2 essential Waitrose eggs per person
- Place 2 essential Waitrose eggs in a medium saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil.
- As soon as the water is boiling, turn off the heat and allow the residual heat to cook the eggs.
- Use the following timings:
- 3 minutes for runny dippy eggs with soldiers
- 6 minutes for nice soft yolks
- 8 minutes for medium eggs to use in recipes like niçoise salad
- 10 minutes for hard-boiled eggs