Madeleine Shaw's Mini fish cakes with avocado mousse
Madeleine Shaw shows you how to make mini fish cakes topped with a delicious avocado mousse - simple but satisfying party food.
Recipe - Makes: 12
280g pack Waitrose 2 boneless Scottish salmon fillets (cut into chunks)
1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp finely chopped chives
1 salad onion, finely chopped
1 tbsp drained capers
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 large avocado
Juice of half a lime
½ tsp chilli flakes
½ small pomegranate – de-seeded
Season to taste
1. Place the salmon chunks, mustard, chives, salad onion and capers into a food processor and blitz for 20 seconds until the salmon becomes slightly minced and all the ingredients stick together.
2. Roll mixture into 12 miniature patties. Place them in the fridge while you make the avocado mousse.
3. Scoop out the flesh of the avocado and blend with the lime juice, chilli flakes and seasoning. Blend until smooth and leave to the side.
4. Remove the fish cakes from the fridge, heat a frying pan and add some avocado oil. Fry on a low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until cooked through.
5. Top the fish cakes with a teaspoon of avocado mousse and a pomegranate seed and you’re ready to serve!