Salted caramel popcorn
Claire from the Waitrose Cookery School shows you how to make delicious popcorn - a great homemade gift or perfect for a cosy night in.
Recipe - Makes: 4 - 6
2 tsp Sunflower oil
50g Waitrose LOVE life popcorn maize
140g Caster sugar
20g Unsalted butter
½ tsp Maldon sea salt
½ tsp Ground cinnamon
1. Add the oil into a small saucepan over a low heat. Add the popcorn and put the lid on (this needs to be a tight fitting lid).
2. The popcorn will begin to pop after a few minutes. Shake the pan occasionally until most or all of the popcorn has popped. This should take 5-10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, to make the caramel sauce, put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and stir. Place over a medium heat until the caramel resembles the colour of golden syrup.
4. Add the butter, ground cinnamon and salt. Stir well and add the caramel sauce to the warm popcorn. Stir well to ensure the popcorn is well coated.
5. Spread onto a sheet of parchment paper and leave to cool. Keep in an airtight container and consume within 1 week.