Deliciously Ella: Apple and blackberry crumble
Ella shows you how to make her wonderfully moreish apple and blackberry crumble.
Recipe - Serves: 4
For the topping
3 heaped tbsp coconut oil
100ml maple syrup
2 tsp ground cinnamon
For the fruit layer
6 red apples
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Start by making the crumble layer. Place the almonds in a food processor and blend for a few minutes until a flour forms, then add this flour to a mixing bowl with the oats.
2. Place the coconut oil, maple syrup and cinnamon in a saucepan and gently heat until the coconut has melted, then mix together. Pour this over the oat and almond mixture and stir well until all the dry ingredients are coated with the wet ingredients.
3. To make the fruit layer, peel the apples and remove the cores, then cut into small pieces. Place these in a saucepan with the blackberries, maple syrup and cinnamon and enough boiling water to just cover the bottom of the pan, probably about a centimetre’s worth.
4. Place the lid on the pan and allow it to simmer for about 10 minutes, until the fruit is nice and soft. While this cooks, preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
5. Once the fruit is soft, transfer it to a baking dish and sprinkle over the topping. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the top is nicely browned. Serve and enjoy!