Lemon & vanilla pudding
This pudding is really simple to make and is zesty, light and airy.
Recipe - Serves: 6
- 175g golden caster sugar
- Finely grated zest and juice of 2 large lemons
- 50g essential Waitrose Dairy Butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
- 3 medium Columbian Blacktail Free Range Eggs, separated
- 1 tspNielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract
- 50g plain flour
- 250ml whole milk
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Cream or ice cream, to serve
1. Heat the oven to 180ºC, gas mark 4. Place the sugar, lemon zest and juice, butter, egg yolks, vanilla extract and flour in a large bowl. Using an electric hand whisk, beat the mixture until smooth. Whisk in the milk.
2. In a separate bowl, using clean beaters, whisk the egg whites until firm. Fold the egg whites into the batter mixture then pour into a buttered ovenproof dish.
3. Sit the dish in a roasting tin and pour in boiling water so it comes halfway up the sides of the dish. Bake for 40–45 minutes until the sponge top is dark and just set and a lemon custard has formed beneath. Dust lightly with icing sugar and serve warm with cream or ice cream.
Typical values per serving: