Love life and eat well for pregnancy
Silvana Franco is joined in the kitchen by first-time expectant Mum Marie-Claire. Find out about how to eat well for during pregnancy, and learn how to a healthy and delicious sweet potato soup with halloumi and mixed seeds.
Recipe - Serves: 4
- 3 tbsp chilli-infused olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 500g pack frozen Waitrose Diced Sweet Potatoes
- 900ml hot vegetable stock
- 410g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ x 250g pack Cypressa Cyprus Halloumi Lite cheese
- 4 tbsp Waitrose Five Seed Mix, from the home baking section
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the chilli oil in a large saucepan and gently fry the leeks for 5 minutes until softened. Add the sweet potatoes and fry, stirring, for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 5 minutes. Tip in the chickpeas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain the cheese, then dice and pat dry on kitchen paper. Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan and gently fry the cheese, stirring, for 1 minute. Tip in the seeds and continue to fry, stirring, for a further 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is just beginning to colour.
- Using an electric hand blender or potato masher, blend the soup until the vegetables are crushed but not fully puréed. Ladle into bowls and scatter with the halloumi cheese and seeds. Sprinkle with the parsley and a drizzle of extra chilli oil. Serve with a brown batch loaf.
Typical values per serving: