The Happy Pear Burger with chilli ketchup
The Happy Pear show you how to make their simple halloumi burger with roasted veg - perfect on the barbecue.
Recipe - Serves: 2 - 4
1 red pepper
5 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 x 200g pack of halloumi cheese
4 burger buns or wholemeal pittas
50g rocket of similar greens
1. Stat by preparing your veg. Cut the courgette in half and then into strips lengthwise. Slice the aubergines lengthwise into thin strips. Chop the pepper vertically into four large sections, discarding the core with the seeds. Chop the halloumi into 4 thin rectangular slices.
2. Put the cut veg into a large bowl with 4 tablespoons of the oil and the salt. Mix well until they all have a nice even coating.
3. Start to grill the prepared veg on a hot barbecue, turning regularly - you want them nicely charrred but also soft and tender.
4. Remove your cooked veg from the grill and set aside while you cook the halloumi - it will cook very quickly! Put it on the barbecue until it has nice grill marks on each side, about 5 minutes.
5. Toast the buns on the barbecue, then leyer them up with some ketchup on the bottom bun, Happy Pear mayo on the top bun, grilled courgettes, aubergine, halloumi, roasted peppers and some rocket in between. Alternatively you can spread the inside of your toasted pitta pocket with ketchup and mayo on either side and fill with your halloumi, veg and greens. Take the first bite... epic, and oh so tasty!