Heston's Ice cream cranachan sundae
Heston makes his Ice cream cranachan sundae, and shares the inspiration behind this delectable flavour combination.
Recipe - Serves: 6
100g rolled oats
4 tbsp maple syrup
170g essential Waitrose Raspberries, halved
2 tbsp Tate & Lyle Fruit Sugar
160g Heston from Waitrose Chocolate Sauce
250g Waitrose Seriously Creamy Madagascan Vanilla Custard
200ml essential Waitrose Whipping Cream
20g caster sugar
¼ tsp vanilla paste
1 tbsp The Glenlivet Whisky
500ml tub Heston from Waitrose Salted Caramel Popcorn Ice Cream
6 mini meringue shells, cut into small pieces
6 tsp Heston from Waitrose Chocolate-Coated Popping Candy
1. Preheat the oven to 160˚C, gas mark 3. Mix together the oats and maple syrup until well combined, then spread out evenly on a baking tray lined with baking parchment. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, mix together the raspberries and fruit sugar and set aside to macerate.
3. Melt the chocolate sauce according to the jar instructions until softened. Allow to cool a little then mix into the custard, stirring until evenly blended. Chill until ready to assemble.
4. For the whisky cream, beat together the whipping cream, caster sugar, vanilla paste and whisky until the mixture forms soft peaks.
5. To assemble the puddings, spoon the chocolate custard into the base of 6 glasses or bowls, add some of the macerated raspberries, a couple of scoops of ice cream then top with more raspberries. Spoon over the whisky cream and decorate with meringue, caramelised oats and popping candy. Serve swiftly.
Typical values per serving: