Heston's Negroni with a prosecco foam
Heston makes his version of the classic cocktail, with a special twist.
Recipe - Serves: 6
For the orange and prosecco foam
- 300g Orange juice
- 20g Fructose (fruit sugar)
- 5g Pectin powder
- Zest and juice of 2 oranges
- 80g Egg whites (approx. 4 large eggs)
- 70g Prosecco
For the Negroni
- 250g Campari
- 250g Dry white vermouth
- 250g Gin
- Ice cubes
- 200g Soda water
To make the orange and prosecco foam
1. Place the 300g orange juice in a saucepan and place the pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil. In the meantime mix the fructose and pectin together in a small bow, then add to the orange juice in the pan. Whisk continuously while the liquid comes back to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
2. When cold, add the orange zest and allow to infuse for 2 hours.
3. Strain the syrup and mix with the fresh orange juice, the egg whites and prosecco. Blitz the mixture with a hand blender for approximately 10 seconds, then pour into a cream whipper charged with two n2o charges. Place the whipper in the fridge for 2 hours before serving.
To make the Negroni
1. Mix the alcohols together in a big jug.
2. Fill six tumblers with ice cubes and divide the alcohol between the glasses. Top up each glass with approximately 30g of Soda water.
3. Using the cream whipper, dispense a layer of foam on top of the drink.