Lamb & mint koftas
Koftas are easy to prepare at home and make a lower fat alternative to burgers.
Recipe - Serves: 4
- 500g Waitrose Farmhouse Ground Lamb (from the service counter)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- Pack fresh mint, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- To serve:
- 1 cucumber, cubed
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 150g marinated Provençal black olives (from the service delicatessen counter)
- 6 pitta breads
- 170g tub Waitrose Tzatziki
- Preheat the grill. Place the lamb in a bowl and mix with the onion, garlic, coriander, mint and seasoning until well combined. Divide the mixture into 12 portions and shape the mixture around wooden skewers forming a sausage shape along the skewers. Place the koftas onto the grill rack over the grill pan. Cook for about 15 minutes, turning regularly until thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat.
- Toss together the cucumber, tomatoes and black olives and serve with the koftas, pitta bread, tzatziki and houmous. Serve with a dressing made with natural yogurt, chopped fresh mint, lemon juice and seasoning.
Typical values per serving: