New potato & asparagus tortilla
An easy veggie tortilla with tomato salad that makes a great midweek meal.
Recipe - Serves: 4
350g Waitrose Miniature New Potatoes
2 x 125g packs Waitrose Fine Asparagus
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, thinly sliced
6 large eggs, beaten
2 Waitrose Jack Hawkins tomatoes
2 tbsp Cooks’ Ingredients Caperberries, drained and rinsed
Small handful of Waitrose Cooks Ingredients Greek Basil leaves
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water for 12 minutes until tender, adding the asparagus for the last minute of cooking time.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a 23cm non-stick frying pan and cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened. Drain the vegetables and add to the pan, stirring them all together.
3. Pour over the beaten eggs and leave to cook over a low heat for 10 minutes until almost set. Preheat the grill to medium.
4. Meanwhile, thickly slice the tomatoes and arrange on plates. Scatter over the caperberries and herbs, then drizzle with the balsamic vinegar.
5. Place the tortilla under the grill and cook for 5 minutes until golden and set. Slide onto a board, cut into wedges and serve with the tomato salad.
Typical values per serving: