The classic autumn flavour combination of crisp apples with chewy fudge is the inspiration for these easy muffins.
Apple and fudge muffins
225g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
65g tub Cooks’ Homebaking Fudge Chunks
2 Waitrose Pink Lady Apples, cored
1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg
200g golden caster sugar
60g essential Waitrose Salted Dairy Butter, melted
170ml pot essential Waitrose Soured Cream
1½ tbsp clear honey or golden syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Place the flour, baking powder and fudge chunks in a medium bowl and stir until well combined.
2. Thinly slice one apple half and cut the remainder into small dice. Stir the dice into the flour mixture and set aside the slices for the top.
3. In a separate bowl, beat together the egg and sugar. Whisk in the melted butter until just combined, then whisk in the soured cream.
4. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, folding with a silicone spatula or spoon until the batter just comes together.
5. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases, topping each one with a slice or two of apple. Bake for 20–25 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Brush with the honey or syrup then leave on a wire rack to cool.
These muffins are best eaten on the day of making, but can
be stored in an airtight container for up to three days.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 16 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Oct 30 14:23:00 GMT 2014.