This delicious curry is made using seasonal fruit and vegetables to give a warming meal perfect for entertaining or a mid-week supper.
Apple, butternut and chick pea curry
200g LOVE Life Chick Peas
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
1 large onion, sliced
2 tbsp Cooks' Ingredients Frozen Chopped Ginger
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tbsp medium curry powder
500g butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cubed
28g pack fresh coriander, finely chopped
400g can plum tomatoes
2 eating apples, such as Cox, peeled, cored and cubed
Juice 1/2 lemon
200g natural yogurt
- Soak the chick peas overnight in cold water. The next day, drain and place in a large pan with plenty of fresh water to cover. Bring to the boil and simmer for 50-60 minutes until tender. Drain, reserving the liquid.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the onion, ginger and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until soft. Add the curry powder and seasoning then cook for a minute. Add the squash and stir to coat in the curry mix. Stir in half the coriander, the tomatoes and apples with 300ml water from the chickpeas. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the squash is tender.
- Add the drained chick peas and simmer for 5 minutes, uncovered, then remove from the heat. Stir the remaining coriander and lemon juice into the yogurt, season and stir through the cury. Serve with steamed rice.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus overnight soaking
- Cooking time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- Total time: 2 hours, plus overnight soaking
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 14 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 11 19:39:00 BST 2014.