Partner the ratatouille with this great savoury rice, that’s scented with saffron and orange.
Baked Saffron Rice
- 1 Kallo Organic Vegetable Stock Cube
- Large pinch of saffron
- Small knob of butter
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 400g long grain rice
- Grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, gas mark 5. Dissolve the stock cube in 900ml boiling water before adding the saffron.
- Heat the butter in a flameproof casserole and gently cook the onion for 5 minutes until softened and golden. Add the rice and cook for a further 1 minute, stirring until the grains are coated in the butter.
- Pour the hot stock into the pan along with the orange zest and juice, then bring to the boil. Cover with a tight-fitting lid and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed and the grains are tender.
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Mon Jan 01 00:00:00 GMT 2007.