Barbecuing fruit intensifies its flavour. Finish off this low fat pudding with a spoonful of Greek yogurt, a drizzle of caramel and chopped pistachios.
Barbecued Summer Fruits Drizzled with Caramel
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes to 12 minutes
- Total time: 25 minutes to 27 minutes
- 6 ripe peaches
- 6 ripe plums
- 250g strawberries
- Juice of 2 large oranges
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- To serve:
- 150g 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Vahiné Nappage Caramel sauce (find with the non-chilled desserts)
- 50g chopped pistachios
- Cut the peaches and plums in half, remove the stone and cut each piece into quarters. Hull and quarter the strawberries. Then tear off 6 squares of foil, large enough to hold the fruit when folded to double thickness.
- Divide the fruit equally between the folded foil squares and partially bring up the sides to hold in the juices. In a small jug, blend together the orange juice, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Divide the juice between each parcel and loosely seal each one.
- Cook on the barbecue for 10-12 minutes (this will depend on how hot your barbecue is), but check halfway through the cooking time. The fruit is ready when it softens slightly to the tip of a sharp knife, but without being too soft.
- Open each parcel, transfer to 6 serving bowls and top with a spoonful of yogurt, a drizzle of caramel sauce and a few chopped pistachios.