These quick and easy recipes all feature delicious German salamis, sausages and hams. Two of the recipes use Quark, a soft, smooth textured cheese made with fresh Bavarian Alpine milk. The Orchard Dairy variety used is virtually fat free (0.2 per cent), and is great for topping jacket potatoes, in cheesecakes, sauces or with fresh fruit. It is also suitable for vegetarians.
Bavarian Cheese and Ham Stacks with Garlic and Herb Dip
- 164g pack Waitrose Bavarian Smoked Processed Cheese, cut into cubes
- 70g pack Waitrose Brunswick Smoked or Black Forest Ham, cut into strips
- 250g tub Orchard Dairy Quark
- 2 medium garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- Handful of fresh herbs, eg, basil and parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Waitrose Cornichons In Sweet and Sour Vinegar
- Waitrose Cocktail Onions in Vinegar
- To prepare the stacks, roll up a strip of ham or salami and place a cube of cheese on either side. Secure with a cocktail stick.
- Beat together the Quark, garlic, herbs and seasoning. Serve the stacks on a serving platter, together with the dip and dishes of cornichons and cocktail onions
- Preparation time: 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 0 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 - 8
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Sat Apr 01 01:00:00 BST 2000.