- 200g pecan nuts
- 340g stoned dates
- 150g glacé cherries
- 150g dried pineapple rings, chopped
- 50g dried apricots
- 100g mixed peel
- 8 tbsp brandy
- 200g light brown soft sugar
- 140g wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs, beaten
- large pinch freshly grated nutmeg
Brandied fruit and nut cake
- Preheat the oven to 170C,gas mark 3. Grease and line the base and sides of a 23cm tinwith greaseproof paper. Put the pecan nuts and dried fruit in a large bowl then pour over 3 tbsp brandy. Add the remaining ingredients and combine well.
- Turn the mixture into the tin, place on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes; when cooked, a skewer will come out clean. Pour over 1 tbsp brandy, then leave to cool a little before removing the tin and paper and cooling completely on a wire rack.
- Wrap in fresh greaseproof paper and foil. Over the next 4 days, pour over 1 tbsp brandy daily.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 90 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 40 minutes
Makes: 10 slices
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 1 rating
This recipe was first published in Tue Mar 01 00:00:00 GMT 2011.