This simple, one-pan dish requires very little preparation and makes a great main course for our summer menu.
Caramelised Pork with Fresh Peaches
- Preparation time: 10 mins plus 2-3 hours marinating
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours 30 minutes, including marinating
- 1.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp Amoy Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Pure Clear Honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Waitrose Fresh British Pork Leg or Shoulder Steaks
- 4 fresh peaches, washed, halved, stoned and quartered
- To make the marinade, mix together the ginger, tomato purée, soy sauce, honey and oil in a large, shallow dish.
- Add the pork to the marinade, ensuring it is well coated.
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
- Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat. Place the marinated pork in the hot pan. Reduce the heat slightly and cook for 7-8 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked, the juices run clear and there is no pink meat.
- Add the peach quarters to the pan and cook, uncovered, for about 1-2 minutes on each side until just softened and slightly charred. Serve the pork and peaches with boiled white rice and steamed pak choi.