These savoury muffins are great for picnics, casual garden parties or lunchboxes. You could even bake a variety with different fillings, such as grated courgette, sweet potato, olives or crispy bacon.
Cheddar, chive & ham muffins
275g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp English mustard powder
100g Seriously Strong Extra Mature Cheddar, coarsely grated
50g wafer thin ham, chopped
2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
150ml natural yogurt
1 medium Waitrose British Blacktail Free Range Egg
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, mustard powder, Cheddar, ham and chives.
3. In a large jug, whisk together the milk, yogurt and egg. Stir into the flour mixture until lightly mixed.
4. Divide between the muffin cases and bake for 20–25 minutes until set and golden brown. Leave to cool a little before eating.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Total time: 35 minutes
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 36 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed May 13 15:05:00 BST 2015.