This delicious summer salad uses seasonal ingredients to make an easy starter or main course that's ready to eat in just over 20 minutes.
Cherry, rocket and goat's cheese salad
1 shallot, finely sliced
1 tsp orange blossom water
1 tsp red wine vinegar
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp golden caster sugar, plus a pinch for the dressing
25g shelled pistachios
70g pack wild rocket
150g essential Waitrose cherries
100g pack Moody's Rosary Ash Goat's Cheese, well chilled
1. Place the shallot, orange blossom water, vinegar, mustard, olive oil and pinch of caster sugar in a bowl and mix well. Season to taste and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, place the pistachios and sugar in a small pan and warm over a low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the sugar melts. Stir well to coat the nuts then remove from the heat and leave to cool on baking parchment. When cool, chop roughly.
3. Place the rocket onto a large platter. Halve and stone the cherries and scatter over the leaves, then crumble over the goat's cheese. Drizzle with the dressing, scatter over the pistachios and serve with crusty bread.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes, plus cooling
- Cooking time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 20 minutes, plus cooling
Serves: 2 as a main course (4 as a starter)
Typical values per serving:
All values per serving. 2.6g fibre / 13.9g protein
Average user rating Based on 4 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Jul 10 13:15:00 BST 2014.