Prepared in advance, the flavours become richer and tastier, ready for a warming meal on a cold evening
Chicken Madras & mango jackets
4 essential Waitrose Baking Potatoes
2 tbsp sunflower oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
1 tsp grated root ginger
2 Waitrose Omega 3 Chicken Breast Fillets, diced
1 tbsp Bart Medium Curry Powder
400g can chopped plum tomatoes
2 tbsp Bart Veeraswamy Mango Bengal Spice Chutney
4 tbsp natural Greek yogurt
1 fresh green chilli, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Prick the potatoes with a fork in several places and bake for 1 hour, turning from time to time until the skin is dark and crispy and the potato is cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion and pepper for 10 minutes until well softened and golden. Stir in the ginger, chicken and curry powder, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook for 20 minutes then remove from the heat and stir in the mango chutney.
3. Split open the baked potatoes and spoon in the chicken curry. Top each with a spoonful of yogurt then sprinkle over the chilli and serve with a good grinding of black pepper.
Cook’s tipSwap the baking potatoes for sweet potatoes for a flavour twist.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 1 hours
- Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Typical values per serving:
1 of your 5 a day
Average user rating Based on 2 ratings
This recipe was first published in Thu Sep 29 10:17:15 BST 2016.