Serve this molten pudding with sweetened whipped cream and raspberries.
50g unsalted butter, plus extra, softened, for greasing
1 tbsp cocoa powder, sieved, for dusting
50g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), chopped into small chunks
1 egg, plus 1 yolk
25g caster sugar
1 heaped tbsp plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 200˚C, gas mark 6. Grease 2 x 150ml dariole moulds, add the cocoa powder to one and then transfer to the other, turning it as you go until the mould is evenly coated. Repeat with the other mould, discarding the excess cocoa.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water (or in a microwave, in short bursts) with a pinch of salt. Stir to combine and set aside to cool briefly.
3. Using electric beaters, whisk together the egg, egg yolk and sugar until tripled in volume; it should hold a trail for 2-3 seconds. Sift over the flour and gently fold in. Loosen the melted chocolate with a little of the egg mixture, then, in two batches, carefully fold in the remainder. Divide the mixture between the moulds, cleaning the edges with kitchen paper, if needed.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, until risen and a crust has formed on top; they should still have a slight wobble. Turn out onto plates and serve at once, dusted with cocoa powder.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus cooling
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 30 minutes, plus cooling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 23 ratings
This recipe was first published in Wed Jan 20 14:01:00 GMT 2016.