These seriously chocolaty puds are great for eating with marshmallows and barbecued bananas or cantuccini biscuits.
Chocolate Pots with Grilled Banana
- Preparation time: 5 minutes, plus chilling for 3 hours or overnight
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 15 minutes, plus chilling for 3 hours or overnight
- 200g Waitrose Belgian Plain Chocolate
- 100g Waitrose Belgian Milk Chocolate
- 6 marshmallows, roughly chopped, from a 200g pack Toms Princess Marshmallows
- 300ml half-fat crème fraîche
- 150ml skimmed milk
- 3 bananas, unpeeled, cut diagonally into 1cm slices
- Break the chocolate into squares and place in a large bowl with the chopped marshmallows. In a pan over a moderate heat, bring the crème fraîche and milk to just below boiling point.
- Pour the cream mixture over the chocolate and marshmallows. Mix well until the ingredients have melted and combined. Pour into 6 ramekins. Leave to cool, then cover and chill in the fridge until set.
- Using the dying embers of the barbecue, or a griddle pan, barbecue the slices of banana for 1-2 minutes on each side. Serve with the chocolate pots, topped with extra marshmallows, and cantuccini biscuits.