Total time: Ready in 1 hour
Cinnamon & red fruit cobbler
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 350g essential Waitrose Frozen Berries
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g butter, cubed
- 1 large free-range egg
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk, plus extra for brushing
- 3 Golden Wheat Krisprolls, crushed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g demerara sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC, gas mark 5. Reserve a spoonful of the caster sugar and put the rest in a pan with the frozen berries and cook gently for 3–4 minutes until the juices start to run. Spoon into a 1.2-litre ovenproof dish.
2. Sift the flour into a bowl and rub in the butter. Stir in the reserved caster sugar. Beat the egg with the milk and stir into the flour. Mix quickly to a soft dough and knead lightly on a floured surface. Roll into 16 balls and arrange over the fruit mix.
3. Mix together the crushed Krisprolls, cinnamon and demerara sugar. Brush the balls with milk and scatter with the Krisproll mix. Bake for 35–40 minutes until the cobbler is golden and cooked through. Serve hot from the oven with custard or vanilla ice cream.
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 10 ratings