Make larger parcels to feed four hungry guests, or cook up a batch of smaller ones to serve as part of a spead.
Courgette, chickpea and tomato pasties
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium red onion, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 red Romano pepper, deseeded and chopped
2 courgettes, trimmed, quartered lengthways and sliced
3 medium tomatoes, chopped
400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp tahini
430g pack 2 Cooks' Ingredients All-butter Shortcrust Pastry Sheets, thawed
Beaten egg, to glaze
1. Preheat the ovan to 200C, gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a large pan and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a low heat for 3 minutes until softened. Increase the heat to medium, add the chopped pepper and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until tender and browned. Add the courgettes and tomatoes and cook for another couple of minutes then add the chickpeas and heat through for 1-2 minutes. Finally, stir in the tahini and some seasoning, remove from the heaqt and leave to cool.
2. Cut each sheet of pastry in half from corner to make 4 large triangles in total. Pile the vegetable mixture on one side and brush the edges with a little of the beaten egg. Fold over the pastry to cover the filling and pinch the edges to seal. Transfer the pasties to a baking sheet and brush with a beaten egg.
3. Cook for 25-30 minutes until the pastry is golden and cooked through. Serve warm or cold with a green salad.
To make smaller pasties, cut each pastry sheet into 4 triangles, then fill and seal as above and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes, plus cooling
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour, plus cooling
Typical values per serving:
Average user rating Based on 7 ratings
This recipe was first published in Tue Apr 21 15:54:00 BST 2015.